12/19/2013

A "Jolly Whimsy" Pinspired Project!

Wow! Christmas is OFFICIALLY less than a week away! I've still been creating Christmas crafts simply because I got a late start. I also haven't finished shopping... but that's another story! For me, 2013 has been busy to say the least! 

Today I wanted to share a Pinterest Inspired project that was not an epic fail! Normally when I try to copycat a Pinterest project, it just doesn't turn out how I want it to. 

Here's the original Pin:
I have wanted to try an altered muffin tin for a long time! Last summer I was at an estate sale and picked up a couple of muffin tins. They have been sitting here ever since... so I decided that it was finally time to try my pinterest find!

I couldn't find the right color of spray paint so I decided to start back at square one... then I found this ADORABLE little muffin tin  that I had purchased from Jillibean Soup a while back. I could have used my larger muffin tins, but I got a new idea and wanted to use this one. 

One of my favorite Christmas collections this year is the "Jolly Whimsy" stack from DCWV. Pink + Christmas makes me one happy girl! I love when companies bring in non-traditional colors to their Christmas lines.

Here is the end result to my project.... See! Not a fail! I LOVE how it turned out!

I started out by painting my tin with enamel paint. I then added a little spray adhesive and some glitter... ok... A LOT of glitter. 

I added some pretty flowers from Petaloo and I found a little Vertigo snowflake left over from a previous project and added it in there too. 

I used my Round 25 tool and bubble caps from Epiphany Crafts to punch the circles for the tin, they fit PERFECT! How cool is that? 

 Thanks for stopping by today! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Products Used:
Epiphany Crafts- Round 25 tool & Bubble caps, Flower 20 tool & bubble capsDCWV- Jolly Whimsy StackJillibean Soup- Mini Muffin Tin
Petaloo- Velvet Hydrangeas
May Arts- 361-58-17, SM34
Imagine Crafts- Vertigo
Spellbinders- Snowflake Die

0 comments:

Post a Comment