5/25/2013

I {Heart} Summer Tags

Woo hoo! The weekend is here! It's not just any ordinary weekend... it's Memorial Day weekend... aka the "unofficial" kickoff to summer! 

I decided to create some fun & festive Summer themed tags with the new Simple Stories I {Heart} Summer collection to share today. I love making tags, but I never know what to do with them. Sure, you can attach them to a gift, they get ripped off and thrown aside... after spending so much time creating a single tag, it really deserves more attention! 

I added some of the Simple Stories Sn@p! pockets to my tags to give them a dual purpose. 

These tags can be used as a regular tag, attached to a card, used as a card themselves, used as a gift card holder, or you could even add a little card or note and slip it into the pockets.

I used the standard #8 shipping tags and then covered them with patterned paper & stitched around them with my sewing machine. 

I also thought that adding lots of pretty trims would make these tags fun. 

Thanks for stopping by today! Enjoy your weekend! 

Products Used:
Simple Stories- I {Heart} Summer collection- #3202 Fundamentals Cardstock Stickers, #3203 Expressions Cardstock Stickers, #3204 Sunshine & Laughter, #3209 Hello Summer, #3221 Bingo Cards/Summer Stripe , #3223 Sn@p Pockets! 
Basically Bare- Celestial Shapes,  Arrows
May Arts- 363-09
Petaloo- Flower Layers
Websters Pages- Sparklers, Bloomers, Trim
Inkssentials- #8 Shipping tags

1 comments:

Margret said...

They are so cute

Post a Comment