2/01/2012

Sandy Toes & Salty Kisses


Woo Hoo Wednesday! We're halfway through the week and happy 1st of February! Today I wanted to share one of my favorite layouts that I've made thus far in my layout making career (which isn't much if I might add!) Layouts are starting to come a little easier for me and I really enjoy making them! With each layout I make I am able to pull out a photo or series of photos and reminisce on that moment when the photos were taken. The photo in this layout is from a moment that I never want to forget...

Brandon and I have been really good friends since we were little kids (5th grade, maybe 11 or 12 years old max!) and he has been chasing me ever since. We both had gone our own ways for years after school and then got in touch again. He finally convinced me to start dating him in early 2010. He was working about 8 hours away in Harrisburg, PA at this time, so we spent a lot of time on the phone getting to know each other all over again. I decided to take a week off of work and go out to visit him in Harrisburg. The time we spent there was something special for both of us. We both realized that week that we had something special, I guess it has always been there but we never saw it before. This photo is one from that trip, we took a little day trip to Atlantic City, NJ (didn't gamble at all, I was just longing to see the ocean since it is one of my favorite places on earth to be) I have a lot of candid photos from this day that my friend took of Brandon and I, but I thought this one would be perfect for this layout. I really enjoyed reminiscing on this photo, so I just wanted to share the story behind it because this trip really meant a lot to me.


The papers that I used are from one of my favorite collections, Nantucket by Pink Paislee. I also used the wood shapes (they have been glimmer misted) and a piece from the ephemera from this collection as well.


The Polaroid Frame and the Banners are from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs and the title is a cut from the Silhouette Online Store (LOOOVE this place!!!).


Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you enjoy this layout as much as I enjoyed making it! :-)

1 comments:

Judy said...

I love your story and the beautiful layout! It is all so very special :-)

Post a Comment